View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:42 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Great Photo Mark. I have had that photo in my collection for years! One of the truely best gehrig shots ! In my opinion. Here is what it would look like . Might be worth the time and money. My photo has Jimmys name on it but as of lately Im not so sure now! Looks like the Beatles have consumed his life! Funny to that I always thought that there was some (loss) on my photo around his arm, you can see it ,but looking at yours the loss is the same so it was in the photo to beguin with!
Well now, that is odd. Especially since the original negative that sold in Legendary's auction last year (shown below) did not have the blemish that would have produced those white areas. You're right though, the apparent "loss" on his arms matches up exactly in both (side by side images not to scale with each other). Perhaps they came from the same run of prints back in the day and the white areas are a result of dirt or some other opaque residue or soiling on the negative that has since been removed? Curious indeed.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gehrigs.jpg (73.8 KB, 92 views)