View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 07:08 AM
Todd Schultz

Thanks Howie. I completely forgot about rack packs. Seems there are many on ebay right now in the Christmas/Holiday header category, so there is that. As for those, I believe it was established that those were third-party issued and not directly from Topps, but it's been a long time since I saw a discussion on those, so I could be wrong.

There are also rack packs as you described on Ebay right now--thanks for the heads up. One of them also appears to have all low numbers in all three panes, so it seems that some may have been limited to each series.

I do not recall buying any racks in 1973, or any before 1975 for that matter. In my town the store that sold wax did not sell racks, and conversely, I'm pretty sure the stores that sold racks (I can think of three, including Woolworths) did not sell wax. Man this stuff brings back great memories! Thanks again.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 03-04-2014 at 07:09 AM.