View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Mike Dugan

There were several 10-12 on the last Heritage auction. The same binder with a dust jacket but of course not lettered is sold by the Gaylord Company.

They are a museum supply company with archival products. Their main catalog is huge but they do issue smaller ones. The 2" Buckram dinfer comes in Burgandy, Black, Forest Green and Navy with a sewn padded cover and a cloth pull tab to bring it in and out of the slipcase.

The problem is that they run $58.09 each. I purchased a T205 album from Roop which I believe is only 1 1/2", with lettering and the plastic checklist page and the bill was $65.00.

Gaylord does have a binder lettering kit. Go to Gaylord.com to check out their offerings but be prepared for sticker shock.

I have been debating the album situation myself the last couple of months. The beautiful bookcase shown by darkhorse9 in the March pickup thread makes me think the standard binders might work but then I keep debating if I have hundreds of dollars tied up in each one why not spend on a archivla grade binder with slipcase???

Then I could buy a silk smoking jacket (though I don't smoke) and sip cognac while looking through my collection!