View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Derryle
Der.ryle Kei.th

1953 topps- I realize sets from the fifties suffer from the bowman/topps mini war but in 53 topps got a great Mantle in there a high number mays and that great Paige! Top it off with the best card (my opinion) of Robinson to open the set and I can live with no Snider, Musial etc. these cards just scream nostalgia to me. Little pieces of art.

1956 Topps- I guess you can tell I'm a 50's guy by now. Now that bowman's gone topps gets to load up this issue with every great except Musial. For eye appeal and collectabilty this is topps best issue in my opinion it's lacking any rookie class at all that little go go sox SS doesn't excite many collectors but there are 33 HOF's in this classic.

1957 Topps- last year for New York Giants and the bums! Set has it all, legends of the sport and a great rookie class. Centered 57's are some of my favorite cards.

Worst

1968-1970- nothing about these three years excites me. The only good thing that happened was Mantle never had a 1970 card! Thank god I didn't have to see the mick on some of the goffy early seventy issues with huge sideburns and polyester uniforms!!

1958 Topps- very colorful but the worst of the fifties in my opinion.

1974- this is topps worst issue ever in my opinion. Just so happens its the year I was born. Yuck.