View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 12:05 AM

This thread made me want to evaluate every purchase that I made from Waverly. I didn't personally know him, but the statements in this thread concerned me on so many levels. From 2011 to March of 2012, I purchased, from Waverly82, 184 different vintage cards (mostly commons and minor stars) ranging from 1953-1969. Eight different transactions for a total of $1,663. After thoroughly inspecting every inch of the 184 cards, I concluded that two were trimmed and not one was altered, colored, soaked, or smelled of chemical. In fact, if he was altering cards, he did a horrible job on mine!! I am not implying that this guy never did anything that he is being accused of, but I am defending him on my personal transactions. The one thing that I continually found Waverly82 guilty of is "over grading" the conditions of the cards he sold. His definition of NM may not be consistent with that of many of us seasoned collectors. For that reason, I always placed my bids closer to the grade just below what his EBAY ad stated. Reading this thread has made me thankful for all the honest dealers that I have had the opportunity to buy from for these past 40 years.