View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoudeyGum View Post
There are exceptions, but for the most part, I only purchase PSA graded tickets. In regards to tickets, I mostly collect World Series. Just my opinion, but from what I have noticed, there is a greater disparity between collector's opinions of grades when tickets are involved. from what I have noticed, many more tickets are returned with grades of "authentic" than cards of a similar vintage. this makes me doubt any non graded ticket. with that said, most tickets are raw, which makes me doubt those items even more because of the above. in my experience, many more tickets were glued into albums or trimmed (to remove perforations) than cards which explains more gradings of "authentic". also psa grading allows you to join the set registry which I find very enjoyable.

I dont collect many tickets outside of those related to the 71 Pirates. My sole exception is below. It was graded as a 1 when I received it as a gift. I think that vintage tickets were not treated the same as modern ones. They were torn, stuffed in pockets, and glued in scrapbooks. Despite their rarity, I for one find the story mint condition unused tickets tell to be a sad one. I like to know the ticket was at the game it was printed for. I don't understand how stubs are graded for condition. How is this pink stub for the same event considered to be a 7 when it isn't even a complete stub? http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-8-74-Hank-...item53e50ceb7c If I was to pay to have a vintage ticket graded, which is unlikely, I would request an authentic designation rather than a numeric grade. I'm certain the original owner of this ticket wouldn't have described the experience as a poor one

Last edited by 71buc; 03-21-2014 at 09:38 PM.