Thread: My only thread
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 02:41 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
I really don't think yi is ready to sell any of these photos. I've talked to her many times and I think with the growing popularity of photo collecting I think she assumes her photos are worth a lot more than they really are. She really needs yee or just someone to take the time to really tell her what she has. She has thousands of photos and has no clue what any of them are worth
Joey, she's starting through a long process if the intent is to sell the collection off one at a time. I don't think most people realize just how long it takes to do that, especially if you're having to learn the material as you go. That's the reason so many inheritors of such a collection simply turn it over to an auction house and take what they can get (perhaps regretting their decision later, depending on the auction outcome). You seem to be very intent in trying to pry a few key pieces away from her, but if she wants to take her time and feel things out first, that's really to her credit. She clearly is not afraid of putting in the hours to work towards whatever plan she has in mind.

Yi, I'm not sure how you're planning on doing auctions from the website you're building, but I might suggest getting in touch with Bob Freedman if you're intent on doing the standalone auction thing (in other words, not on Ebay). It looks like you've got a good start on your website, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you will be able to run live auctions from there. Bob and his team have a proven auction platform (Simple Auction) and a long history of working with sports memorabilia auction houses in particular. It's a bit more expensive on the front end, but if that's the route you're going, it will be worth it in the long run. Perhaps your intent is to just sell using Ebay with a link to the auctions from your site however, and I've simply misunderstood?