View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 AM
ΛLβΞℜ₮

IMO- Most of the time a lot of these big auction houses have a number of very desirable photos that pretty much bury the photo you want to sell, even when you consign a decent cool photo. And NOT everyone just collect photos. If they do, it's a small number. I love photos but sometimes I gotta decided if i want my money to go to a photo I like versus a rare pin, trophy or something else that catches my eye. Also for me, time is money, the amount of time to consign, then get paid it not worth the wait. If you have an epic photo or premier photo that you know without a shadow of doubt may sell for big time monayy it may be worth consigning.

Example- I believe there's a member here that owns a 1906 White Sox brass coat hanger mirror in extremely superb condition. I consigned that item feeling pretty good about the out come.. Well, it failed and I lost out on some benjamins and a great piece. I had decided to consigned bcuz i saw other similar examples going for decent prices. Of course mine fell way short.. haha It's all about timing.

Albert