Thread: John Titus-Itus
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
This and I fail to see how this is a low road or morally ambiguous. How is it taking advantage of anyone? A baseball card is never a necessity regardless of how we feel about them. I'd be much more concerned with people polluting water then buying up the rights to clean water. We need that to survive we don't need a baseball card. If the same individual purchased 55+ on eBay they were available for others to purchase they just had to pop in one cent higher then the hoarder, who I believe we all know why is he above mention?
Well, in my mind you have to take a look at the domino effect. If someone creates a manufactured scarcity by buying up all of one particular card- the next thing to follow, is the scenario of other dealers upping the price of their Titus cards-because of course, who wants to leave money on the table? If they sell their PSA 2 for $35.00, when they know one just sold for $200.00 (due to the manufactured scarcity that one dealer created)- they know they are losing money. What dealer wants to lose money? None.

So,,, now, in effect- the hoarder has not only raised the prices for the cards he/she hoarded to create the manufactured scarcity-but the domino effect is other dealers pricing their cards to match what people are paying to the original hoarder. Make sense?

I don't know who it is, or why the person/s are above mention- I'm referring to the obvious scenario. And, I know you have been collecting for a long time, you know this isn't a truly scarce card.

Yes, we can certainly live without any card And, we can't live without water. And, as I said-it's a free country and it's not illegal- I guess it's a matter of principal. And, I may have a biased perspective, because I just collect cards and I don't deal them. So, this practice- purely from a collectors POV, pretty much sucks.

Sincerely, Clayton