Thread: John Titus-Itus
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Still fail to see the immorality. So what if you want a Titus for less you can find one it just takes some looking at shows, antique markets, or paper shows as you said the Titus is not a short print there are many out there priced low it's just a little harder then looking on eBay. I've bought a couple over the past year I do not pay more than a common price for either one. If nobody pays more for Titus he would lose his ass. It's capitalism and unless your argument is that is inherently immoral, that would be a much larger debate, I fail to see immorality. I see where you feel entitled to be able to buy something at what you view a reasonable price but I do not see what Bill is doing as immoral.
Well, you apparently know the person and I don't so you may have a biased opinion of this due to that aspect?

Yes, it is capitalism and Carnegie and Rockefeller would be proud. But, I cannot convince you now if I didn't in my prior posts that from a collectors POV, this practice sucks. It will have a negative effect for some people at some point. You can buy a HOF'er in similar grades for less.......

At the end of the day, I will still feel the same way about this. I also agree that I'm pretty sure if one looked hard enough, they could find a Titus at a reasonably normal price- I know many collectors and dealers on this board who have always given me nice deals and very fair pricing.

I just hope this doesn't set a precedent for the future.

Sincerely, Clayton