View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
I am surprised by the way people view feedback. There is no such thing as 100% positive service in a business. Someone will always be dissatisfied and sometimes a business drops the ball.
Alex, David nailed it. It's all about how ebay uses feedback, not how buyers and sellers communicate. Ebayers learned very early that being honest about transactions was in no one's best interest, so unless something horrible is done, we all give positive and communicate problems privately.

Ebay is just trying to cull out the extremely undesirables - if you play okay with others, they will take your money all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdugdig View Post
Couldn't agree more. Maybe some don't realize how much a negative feedback can retard one's ability to sell, especially for a newer seller with a low amount of transactions.
Doug, neutral and negative also hurts long-time sellers with high feedback. Last Fall I sold 10 large lots of childhood comic books, just hoping to dump them and save space. I charged a flat rate for medium priority boxes and got dinged by two out of ten buyers for high shipping charges. I lost my status and the associated cost savings. I still have 300 comic books left, but after that fiasco, I realize that I don't know comic book buyers well enough to take a chance selling them on ebay.

Last edited by Runscott; 04-02-2014 at 09:44 AM.