View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
I bought a '63 set last year with a raw rose that was advertised as Ex-Mint. Much to my chagrin, when I sent it in to be slabbed, it came back as a 4. I have made a point to have all of my super stars and rookies to be at least PSA 6. With this being such an iconic card, I want a 6 as well.

When I go to the Pittsburgh show, I will be looking to trade the 4 with cash for a 6. Can any of the pros let me know what a reasonable trade would be? i.e. - card for card + $300? card for card + 250?, 400?. I know what the SMRs are but I understand that there is some additional white meat that I will be paying if I am dealing with a dealer. I just want to know what would be fair and reasonable for both sides so I don't feel like I am being taken for a ride, but I am not being unreasonable on my side as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

P.S. if it is an inappropriate question/request that would be better answered with PM, please forgive my lack of decorum and let me know via the most appropriate means.
A dealer might act like a 4 is worthless and try to really screw you over in the deal. If it were me, I would be patient and try to find a collector willing to trade for it. You most likely will get a terrible offer from a dealer.