View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

I am 42 with 4 children and none have shown any interest in my collection. My only son, who is about to be 18, says he wants one specific card of mine to remember me by. I'm not so sure of the coincidence but it happens to be the most valuable card I own (1933 Delong Lou Gerhig). While I appreciate his desire to remember me through a card I told him my 89 Upper a Deck Griffey could do the same. The sale of my collection, including the Gerhig, would be more beneficial to my family than holding on to it.
I have instructed my wife to get in touch with one of three people I trust to help sell my collection. The first is a fellow board member and a very dear friend of mine whom I trust completely. His collecting habits are almost identical to mine and I know he would do anything to help out in any way possible. The second is Leon because he has way more contacts in the hobby that I could ever dream of and I know he would do his best to help out my family in their time of grieving. The third is a dealer that I sold a large part of my prewar collection to and treated me fairly and with great respect to me and my collection. I think between the three of these men my family would get the best value considering the situation and be able to move on.
Drew