View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 09:48 AM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeeler View Post
I whiffed on the Wagner too. Was too rich for my blood, in addition I everything else I was interested in.
Well at least we both had the same good taste, Luke! I am actually very happy for the card. I've long believed the e90-2 Wagner to be tragically undervalued, and had hopes at one time of obtaining several. I know of at least one other collector who owns a few of the extant 105 grades examples (probably less factoring in crackouts and crosses).

I mean, considering it's a Wagner portrait from that age, has such an attractive, bold color background, and is desirable to so many collectors as an alternative to The One, I was waiting for this card to take off one day.

I was thinking of selling mine at one point to help another card happen; man, am I glad I held it.

Someone absolutely stole one off ebay a little while back. The auction never even popped on my saved searches for some reason. That one still pains me. Not really the card for a quick ebay auction, in my opinion. It deserves a long time up there with a proper write-up or should be in a catalog.

When we look at what some of the other Wagner portraits go for, I gotta believe the remaining affordable ones will gain ground and narrow the price gap as years go by. Trying to build a well-rounded collection, a Wagner portrait kind of feels like a must-have, and there aren't many affordable choices for the collector.

Last edited by MattyC; 04-27-2014 at 09:51 AM.