View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeLyon View Post
Beautiful e95 set Scott

For me it has been a combination of set collecting and variety. I started out just working on the T206 set. After a little while I got bored with just the one set. Since then, I've started an e95, e96, and e120 set. I'm also slowly working on a "Top 25" of cards that are not in any of the sets I'm working on. There have also been a few stretches where I've been more into selling than buying. I have to agree with Scott that the e95 and e96 sets are my favorite. I don't think I'll ever want to part with them. At the moment, I'm not sure I can say the same for my t206s.
Thanks, Luke. I built the E95 and E95 sets 12 years ago - took about a year, but seemed forever. It was great thinking back on how I acquired each card - Frank (FKW) supplied several, including some cut-outs from notebook covers. I picked up a bunch from Mike Wheat - he was great about working with me. I remember how board members kept dis'ing him about his prices, but he was my go-to guy for a lot of card issues. It was fun. Since then, regardless of what I buy and sell, I always grab E95/E96's anytime I find a decent deal. If I could have a 'dream set', it would be a set of these, all autographed by the players.