View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:14 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybestbretts View Post
I think it is in the Jungle district of St. Petersburg.

That would match up with the Corbis image caption. Sounds like the consensus is around 1925-30 roughly.

" The back stamping dates to the 1925-1930 period, according to what's presented in Yee/Fogel's book."

Does this make it a type 1 I'm assuming? I don't totally get how to differentiate between the generations of photos.

"The guy in the background of your photo looks like the same guy in the middle of the three in the background of the Corbis images photo you found in your images search.
Possibly he was Ruth's caddie that day, he appears to be next to a golf bag in your photo, and carrying one in the other."

I agree it looks like the same guy, but in one photo he has dark/black pants and the other one shows lighter pants (same suit top and hat though) However, Ruth appears to be in exact same outfit at same place. Possibly it was a different guy in the background or maybe multiple caddies/ crew were in background in similar attire that day. Or Ruth golfed there over the course of multiple days in that golf trip?

Last edited by yanksfan09; 05-04-2014 at 08:15 PM.