View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post

In summary, if you participate in auctions where you know unethical (and even potentially illegal) things are going on, you are not only part of the problem, you are a fool. And don't come running back to this board when a seller you knew all along was willing to break the law to cheat customers out of money sold you a card that was intentionally misdescribed or known to be altered or cheated you out of shipping or deceptively manipulated scans. I might just have to say something sarcastic such as "Wow. Who would've thunk an unethical seller would do something unethical."

P.s. I don't follow eBay much, much less follow bid pattern charsm and am not accusing any current eBay seller of anything. I don't have enough knowledge to even comment on individual sellers And I'm also not a lawyer, and my legal references where hypotheticals and to prove general points. There are enough lawyers on board to point out when my People's Court education is lacking.
What if you refuse to participate in an auction because someone on the board once saw something they don't like or for whatever reason calls foul? Does that make you a fool? What if you buy something in what you assume is a normal auction and later find out otherwise? Fool? If egg prices get manipulated do your kids never eat eggs?
99% of the folks here do not approve of illegal or manipulative actions. I think we all can collect how we wish without someone calling us fools, perhaps foolish of me to think so.