View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
As someone that thinks it is way too overvalued now and has no intentions of getting one (at least prior to a 51 Bowman) I do think it is a bubble. Too many people are stretching themselves thin to get one and as people need funds to buy a house or pay medical bills it will be the first one to be sold and there are an abundance of them out there.
I agree the allure of owning either one of these cards could spread somebody thin. That's what I am making sure I do not do. I have been working the last few months to rebuild my savings before I buy anything. I'm nearly at the point where I'm completely happy with that. Then, going forward, I'll add more to my savings, and budget a certain amount for my collection each month. I will be taking a set amount for Mick's '52 Topps card, putting that aside, and then working on all my other wants from whatever is left.

It might take me darned near forever to get it, but I think saving for it over time is the smart way to do it.

There's always going to be demand, but sometimes fortune favors not the bold, but those who are patient.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.