View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
What is going on in the upper left corner? It is hard to tell from the scan whether it is a scratch, crease, paper loss, or something else. It could just be the scan though.
It is a tiny white spot, either from printing or the faintest of scratches. I looked at it using my loupe and it doesn't appear to be a surface flaw. Certainly not a crease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Your welcome..so I have to know, how much did you spend on it?
$50. The guy had it marked at $100 but it had about a quarter inch of dust on the toploader so I figured I could get him down. He has a lot of nice cards in his shop, but 90% are low grade.

His prices are all fairly similar (mostly EX to NrMt prices for G cards) and mostly condition indifferent. The key is just to find the nicest condition cards. He has a '56 Mantle gray back that is somewhere between poor and fair... would be lucky to pull a 2 from PSA. He has it listed at $500. But then I bought a Seaver RC off him for $300 that was Ex-Mt+. I think I have just about picked him clean at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I am a BR fan but that has to be one of his worst photos. The card however is a nice one. I am not a fan of imprisoning card in plastic , so I defer to others on that
I know. The picture is one of the worst ever on a baseball card. That is why I like it! I do like how you can see the flannel of the jersey though, so much more character than today's uniforms.