View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
The listing used to call it a brown old mill card. I emailed them and they changed the wording in the description.

You didn't read the listing or you wouldn't have posted your comment.

Kevin
Kevin,

I wouldn't have posted my comment if I hadn't checked the listing
I saw the listing this morning and read it based on your earlier post. I appreciate you said something to them about it. Perhaps you should ask someone before stating they didn't do something when you don't have any knowledge of whether that is so.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-1910-19...item3f26224a63

The words "old mill brown" are used in the title. I admit I haven't been on this board as long as many of you. I am impressed by the knowledge and dedication of numerous participants here. My understand has been there's
A) black old mill backs ranked 25th & 29th in scarcity
B) brown ones rare: ranked 2nd in back scarcity
C)apparently there is, thanks to this seller, a new grouping between black and brown, but listed as brown in the title.
And one can buy it from this seller for $2,500 bucks or an agreed upon best offer. Perhaps they changed there wording based on whatever you emailed them - but it still says "brown old mill" in the listing & their intention seems to remain the same: sell the card as if it is brown even though it is not.
Thanks
Paul C.

Last edited by chernieto; 05-07-2014 at 04:27 PM.