View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default well

if in fact both images loupe as photographs - both cabinets look to be original as issued. I've owned 5/6 of them although I never noticed the variation.
Unlikely that someone would have a clean original mount and look to replace the image. There's no financial incentive as the price-point typically in the 75.-125. range and while the liberty image has some cross-collectibility - there are more sought after subjects - this particular image is more frequently encountered than most as possible more people at the time embracing the subject of liberty itself so more were saved from the trash heap or it was printed in greater quantities. Typically the company would purchase negatives in bulk to be used first on the cabinets and later on the insert cards themselves. Often times the production would include angular and close-up views. Possible they were only able to make so many prints or there was a subsequent printing. If I get a second I'll look in the WTI as I think they are covered in the third volume - probable the variation is listed..........

no guarantees whether written or implied.

Last edited by 1880nonsports; 05-29-2014 at 10:07 AM.