View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparker94 View Post
I never buy expensive ungraded cards. Why? Because there is usually a reason why the expensive card hasn't been graded. Some of the time, a seller will send a card to be graded and it will come back as authentic. When I see "authentic" as a grade I immediately think the card has been altered or trimmed in some way. Maybe that's what could have happened with this card and the seller decided to crack the holder and try to sell as a raw card. If I were you and shelling out that kind of money, I would protect myself by explaining to the buyer that you plan on having the card graded and if it comes back as a fake or other undesirable grade like authentic, then you would need a refund.

I recently bought a 1962 Topps Lou Brock RC and the card looked to be mint except for the fact that it is obviously shorter than my other 1962 cards. I hate it when people trim cards and say they are mint. Happens too much these days.

Just my two cents...

Craig from Texas
I disagree. Card should not be purchased in the first place. There is likely a reason it is not graded, plus the price is incredibly high to begin with (in terms of condition, even if it is authentic). By the time you get it back and find out the bad news good luck getting money back...

You really should stay away from this card...