View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Congrats, Eric and glad I could help! It's a major accomplishment to finish that set so you should be really proud. Did you submit graded PSA cards to SGC? General consensus out there seems to be that if you want to cross TPG's and not get hosed you should crack them out and submit them ungraded. The grading companies won't admit it but they often grade each others cards harder than they do raw ones.

I can't wait to hear about your next football card endeavor.

jeff
I am starting to really believe this. Very few crossovers got the same grade and none were improved. I am not skilled in cracking cards out and I am concerned about damaging the cards. Maybe it isn't that hard? Not sure. Anyway, glad the set is completed. Next up, 1965 topps. I need a Namath in a SGC 5 or 6 and same for Biletnikoff and Kemp and rest will be raw. Need an easier project this time. Have my eye on a Namath, but will see. I have my eye on a lot of cards... Jim Brown 1958, Bednarik1948, Unitas 1957, you know, all the easy ones

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and for the advice and help with cards. This is a great community to belong to. And it is a great HOBBY!