View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Dan

Default 1970s baseball uniform questions

I recently found several jerseys and a pair of pants that I had bought back in the 80s. I bought the pants at an Orioles Christmas sale that they used to hold for season ticket owners. The label has five numbers - the first is the size and the last, I assume, is the year. Any clue what the other numbers are? Same with a Montreal Expos jersey I bought at a show during that same era - there is a tag with numbers as shown on the photo - one I assume is the year, but I'm wondering what the other number is. The number on the jersey is 4, but I can see on closer inspection that it was originally 14, but someone removed the 1 before I bought it. Finally, I'm attaching pictures of a Cal Ripken Sr. jersey that I also bought at an Orioles Christmas sale (it has a Rawlings size 40 tag on it). He wore number 47 from, I think, 76-85 before switching to number 7. I assumed when I bought it that it was game worn, but now I'm wondering if there is a way that an authenticator would be able to determine if it is game worn and, if so, who could do that? Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pants.jpg (9.6 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg rangers.jpg (8.5 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg rip1.jpg (9.2 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg rip2.jpg (9.7 KB, 165 views)