Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

Thanks so much for all of the love in this thread over the past month or so.

It's been a while since I've posted, as things have been pretty darn busy around here. I've been doing my best to finish up some older stuff that's owed to VERY patient clients (I'm looking at you, Brian and Phil), and am finally starting to see some light. So, I've been pretty lax on getting back to this thread. Over the next few weeks, that should change, as I have a good amount of stuff I'm bringing to the photographers.

For starters, there's this guy:

Roger Maris, Yogi Berra and Mickey Mantle, July 22, 1961, 26" x 32"

I'd been noodling a lot with this one, as there was a lot more that needed to go into it than I originally thought it would need. When I first started painting, I always used to think that paintings depicting sunlit players were always so much intensive than those depicting overcast ones. I've only recently discovered in the past few years that it's about even - subtlety is everywhere, I suppose.

Either way, I'm glad to be finally getting some of these paintings out of the studio so I can make room...for more paintings. I guess I'm feeling more and more like Sisyphus these days.

Here's a fun example:

There gets to be less and less room for my clothing, which, I guess as I work more and more in the studio, becomes more and more splattered in oil paint. Whoops.

Anywho, I'm done rambling. As per usual, comments/crits/questions are always appreciated.

Thanks!

Graig