View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I disagree about Leaf. They put out a card with "Pinstripe Pride Frank Baker." Well, Frank Baker did play for the yankees. They didn't label it as HR Baker, it makes sense to me they knew exactly which Baker they had.

I blame BGS for slapping the "Home Run" label on this.
But you see, BGS only slabs what is on the checklist. Who creates the checklist? The card manufacturer. I am 99% sure that BGS does not get these cards in hand, look at each one and attribute names and dates of death. They are given a stack of cards and told how to slab them.

Again, they are not authenticators. They slab according to checklists, which in turn have been issued by the card manufacturer.

Wat about the Catfish Hunter posted above? Is the blame there shared by both companies? That tells me that BGS is simply saying "here's a card that the manufacturer claims is authentic." It then got returned to Leaf to be inserted in a box and shipped out. Where's the QC there?

It sucks, and I view the problem as Leaf's. BGS is complicit, but they are doing exactly what they have been paid to do, nothing more.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all