View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 09:14 PM

Default My two cents

Greg, while I understand your situation, I do believe that you should attend the Nationals and here is why,
I never would have known who you were prior to meeting you at the Nationals five years ago and had I not met you, I would have never seen your work in person. Don't get me wrong, your pictures that you post of your paintings are great but, there is nothing like seeing them in person. You cannot overstate how important word of mouth is either i.e. Friends telling friends and the publicity you receive from being there etc...

Have you thought about possibly partnering with a few of the companies attending the Nationals and placing your artwork at several of them and work with them on consignment? Also, maybe do a raffle or two at the Nationals working with Mike Berkus (the head honcho that runs the show)?

I do not know how much it costs you and Dean to attend and I am sure you have calculated how many of the small paintings you would have to sell to break even, so I can't tell you if I think it is feasible but, I do believe those painting would sell better than the more expensive and larger painting.

Thanks and again, I hope you can attend, IMHO

Last edited by bobfreedman; 06-27-2014 at 07:35 AM.