View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

I started to put this set together about 2 and half years ago in low grade raw shape. I have been sidetracked in moving forward by both personal reasons and the fact that I can't seem to focus one one collecting thing long enough. At last count I have around 175 to 180 of the cards.

The only big card I am missing is the Mantle which I am wanting to be the final card. I built a different set years ago (1955 Topps) and the last dozen cards I needed were commons of players I wasn't familiar with so I vowed when I build a set to leave a big card for last.

Anyway, other than the Mantle the only other HOFer I lack is Richie Ashburn. The Wiiie Mays card is one of my favorite all time cards and absolutely my favorite card of him so when I got it it was quite a thrill. Here is a picture below. Got a great deal on it from a board member. It's really nice and the pin hole doesn't bother me in the least.

Good luck with the set. I fell in love with it because another poster years ago showed his progress as you are. It was then I first saw the great detail in capturing the player as well as the backgrounds.

Thanks for starting the thread. It is renewing my interest in finishing it.

Drew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (76.6 KB, 168 views)