View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Bill Gregory

Well, I've had a chance to look at some of your first cards, Sam. Let me start out by saying I love your Spahnie and Stan Musial! Warren Spahn and Stan the Man are two of my all-time favorite players. I have to get those cards!

I'm a pretty big Pirates fan, too (they're my second favorite baseball team behind the Brewers). So, you know I'm going to love every Pirate you pick up. That Vern Law is really nice. And I can't wait to see your Ralph Kiner!

By the way, it strikes me how a couple of these guys remind me of a few actors.

Lloyd Merriman reminds me of Jerry O'Connell (remember him from Jerry Maguire? Kusch man...Kusch man...

And Ned Garver reminds me of Clint Howard, Ron Howard's brother. You know, the guy that ends up in every movie Ron makes. LOL

I have to buy some of these cards. You've sold me. They're just gorgeous. I really love the color photography used in the '53 set. It was the first set to do that. But the '52 set (and the '51 before it) are incredible in their own ways. The '51 Bowman Ted Williams is one of my all-time favorites!

This is going to be a fun thread. Keep the cards coming!!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.