View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 04:26 PM
pete ullman

Personally I gravitate towards rarities...I'd much rather have a WWG ruth card which is much rarer than it's goudey counterpart...despite the fact the WWG are worth significantly less.

I have lots of cards of which only a handful have been seen over the years. I've always preferred Coupons/t215-I to T206 because they are much tougher...while still flaunting the sometimes beautiful front poses.

My tepididy for t206 is documented...BUT even I can appreciate the uniqueness of these scraps. I love unique cards...one of a kind even better. Cards that help to understand the process by which they were made...makes em even cooler. Fact they were meant to be discarded...that's probably top 2 or 3 attributes of a fine collectible.

Prices being paid for some of them...crazy! But many of us are crazy...I certainly am!

Analysis paralysis of collectors constantly trying to "create" scraps from non scraps...kind of annoying!

Kudos to you crazy guys for collecting these...I do think there are likely numerous handfuls buried in collections...but there is no denying they are tough!

Johny...are u from JErsey? Where'd u go to school?

Last edited by ullmandds; 07-12-2014 at 04:27 PM.