View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

One of the unintended consequences when I moved three years ago was I lost my trusted mailman. I lived in a condo complex and the mailman was great (esp. since I had 50 stairs to get to my door!). I told him that he could sign for stuff and leave it in the locked mailbox and he told me "not allowed" but what he would do was to keep it in the locked box at our mail area and I could just sign the card he left and he would unlock it and put it in my locked box the next day...that way, the shipper had my signature and I did not have to run to the post office. He always checked to see if I was home too...big tip at the holidays...

Move to new house and we have a community mailboxes at the end of my street. Small boxes which my mailman still insists on shoving everything into. I have talked to him about that and he never comes down the street (literally, I am three houses from the corner where the boxes are) to check to see if I am home (my wife works weekends so there is someone home 4 out of the 6 days of mail service!! but he never checks)...I complained about a month ago, I could not open my box because he crammed a box of cards in there and it blocked the key from rotating the latch. Postal engineer had to come out (who knew there was such a thing!).

Last week, I saw a new postal carrier when he came to my house...I asked if the old one was on vacation and the new one said he was reassigned. I am hoping to have a nice relationship with the new carrier.

BTW, the UPS guy at my condo is the same and when we moved, the first time I saw him at the new house, he was surprised and we chatted. He has been great also and has been my UPS guy for nearly a decade now. If I am not home, he puts stuff on my table behind my gate.

Joshua