View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds308 View Post
All I wanted was some advice on the ball and with the exception of one person all I'm getting is useless comments. As for the Nazi comment, I have a very Jewish last name and I DID NOT find the Seinfeld reference comment offensive. Just useless and humorless. What a great first impression for my first post.
We've been labeled 'useless' by the 6-post guy twice in one post. I think that's a new record. Not to defend anything anyone has done in your thread, but if it were me, I'd read a few threads of similar ilk before posting. You'll find that there are about, oh...a gazillion threads asking if items signed by DiMaggio, Ruth, Mantle, Koufax, etc., are real. Such threads could give you an idea of how to walk about in here, and what to expect. You would find that we've had a lot of new guys asking such questions and the responses were not always real nice, and the reactions to civil responses were not always very respectful (We frequently give free advice and get our asses kicked for it). Also keep in mind that it's an internet forum, so while it's probably the best one (in the entire internet, including Canada), you are guaranteed to have to read lots of crap, even in your own thread that you personally started, where you would like to rule exactly how everyone responds.

In fact, I bet I get a wrist-slap from someone for this post, and that's fine.

..and welcome.