View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 12:36 AM

Default Collectors that only buy cards

I was just wondering if there are any collectors, that are strictly buyers, meaning that they buy individual or groups of cards here and there, but never sell, and would only sell if they absolutely need the money.

I am getting to the point of becoming this way, 95% of my transactions have been buying and I did a little trading here and there, but traded away cards I didn't have doubles of and kind of wish I still had them. I think I sold only a couple of cards but if I did it over again I probably wouldn't have sold them (mind you these were only 10 or 20 dollars cards but I guess the point is they are cards I no longer have)

It's just neat to accumulate a collection and watch it grow I find. The only trading I've done did involve changing my collecting focus, but I've been changing my collecting focus a lot where I put a set I am working on away for 6 months on the back burner, then get into it again, it is at that point I kind of regret trading away some of the cards in that set -- so I think, going forward I am going to avoid trading or selling... not become a hoarder, but slowly adding to my collection here and there and just enjoying the journey.