View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:03 AM
Richard Simon

Default A huge collection of bogus autographs for sale

A few days ago I received this e mail, sent off my website.

"offer of items = I have a large number of signed index cards that I wish to sell. Multiples of all (if interested I can total each celebrity). Lennon, McCartney, Starr, Pie Traynor, Munson,Presley, Reggie Jackson, Alston, Yawkey,J Robinson, O`Malley,Greenburg, Gomez, Pistol Pete Maravitch,D Dean, Hodges, Stengel, Pluckett, Paige,Leonard, etc. Pile stands 4 plus inches.
Plus, I have many signed paper cuts as well."

I asked this seller (located in upstate NY) for a full list and quantities (I was then going to ask for pics) but received a return e mail which said he would send me the entire collection for my offer.
Well in all my years of buying and selling I have had, on occasion, a seller who will send out his items for approval. I have never had someone try to fake me out on a collection of this size. I realized the possibility existed that it could be fake stuff but I did think that this collection was real.
Today the collection arrived.
All the illustrated ones are in quantities and there are many other names which were in this collection.
The quantity and variety here is mind boggling. This guy must have spent many, many hours with this.
See for yourself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forge1.jpg (73.2 KB, 628 views)
File Type: jpg forge2.jpg (78.9 KB, 625 views)
File Type: jpg forge3.jpg (41.2 KB, 628 views)
File Type: jpg forge4.jpg (37.8 KB, 627 views)
File Type: jpg forge5.jpg (45.7 KB, 626 views)
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 07-24-2014 at 09:20 AM.