View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey everyone,

I FINALLY have an update to the progress of this raffle painting.

My contact with John Rogers never came through on Newman image unfortunately, so we had to finally give up on that one and look elsewhere. John was really into the idea of the Hy Peskin shot that was in his first post of this thread, so we looked high and low for that one as well. While he didn't find the exact shot anywhere (Peskin's website doesn't even seem to offer the thing anymore), he did find one from the same shoot that was probably taken a second before or after.

I'm going to be doing it a little larger than what we originally offered in the raffle - so, now we're at 16" x 24". The extra few inches on top with frame the image much better, in my eyes. Unfortunately that means that the 18" x 24" that I had already constructed has to be used for something else.

So right now, my hope is to buy stretcher bars for it tomorrow (as I didn't have any extra 24" ones handy), construct the supports, prime and prepare it, and then perhaps have the drawing done by Wednesday, right before the National. I'll keep posting updates here for those of you who are interested.

Graig