View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Al

Default Now Open for Bidding: Love of the Game's "Set Builder's Auction"

Hi everybody:

Hope all is well.

LOTG just kicked off a new auction that I'm calling the "Set Builder's Auction." This will be a periodic internet-only auction that will feature collector-grade cards, group lots, and more affordable cards from the Deadball Era to the Steroid Era.

My goal is to keep the Set Builder's Auction affordable, and as such I am reducing our buyer's premium to 15%, plus offering an additional 3% BP discount for those choosing to pay by check or money order (or cash, of course).

In addition, I'll be using less expensive shipping methods than I typically do for this auction, so our shipping costs should be among the lowest you'll see.

The auction closes August 16. It includes quite a few nice prewar cards in collector grades (such as the 1933 Goudey #181 Ruth in PSA 2 that headlines the auction), partial sets, lots of signed football cards, and a whole lot more. My goal is for the Set Builder's Auction to feature something for everyone, while our "Premier" auctions will focus on higher-end material.

I'll be at booth 2024 in Cleveland this week, displaying material from the Set Builder's Auction as well as the upcoming Premier Auction. I'll also be accepting consignments for that auction, which I hope will be the first LOTG auction with a printed catalog!

Best of luck bidding, hope to see a lot of you in Cleveland.

Link to the auction: http://loveofthegameauctions.com/catalog.aspx

-Al