View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Joe Drouillard

I spent two days at the show.

Overwhelming experience. After a few rows of looking the merchandise seemed to blend together, each table seemed to be filled with the same stuff.

Only spent 1/4 of what I intended to spend. Ironically I spent the most on a 1924 Diaz card that I think I was the under-bidder on a few weeks ago on eBay. Impulse buy. Yes, I did pay a lot more for it at the show.

The best part was watching dads and sons shopping together for treasures. The excited kids reminded me of how great collecting cards was when I was little.

I did take advantage of the Net54 SGC special. (Thanks Leon for arranging it.) I also enjoyed meeting Earl from SGC and putting a face to someone that I have dealt with over the phone. He was very helpful.

Thing I disliked the most: Unless they knew you most of the dealers seemed bothered and not interested in selling. I stopped and looked at almost every booth, but only a few dealers even asked what I was collecting. Maybe I have an ugly mug. Today most dealers just looked beat. I'm sure that they were.

The real excitement was at the rear of the room where all of the pack ripping was going on. I still don't understand the glamour of spending $70 hoping to get an autograph of someone who may not be in the Big Leagues in a few years. Gambling is not for me.

I hope everyone that went had a great time and found what they were looking for.

Best regards,

Joe