View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 11:30 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default Thanks Steve!

Thanks Steve. I absolutely appreciate your input... you gave me great responses to sheet size questions a few months ago and your knowledge on the subject is extremely helpful to me and everyone else on the board.

A few things... and let me further say that I am absolutely guessing on this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
There are only around 12-13 150 only cards depending on which versions you count, and whether you discount a handful of outliers like the recently discovered Schulte 350.
I've always been confused how the dozenish 150-only cards had any impact on sheet/row size. To me, these cards just didn't make the cut to the 350 series printings (for various reasons). I would not think that the fact that they didn't make the cut implies that they were all printed together for the 150 series.

Quote:
the 460 only group is currently at 46 cards, fitting neither scheme.

The southern leaguers have 34 Hindus and 48 with other backs. Fitting both schemes.
I also tend to believe that there was not a defacto standard sheet size used for each brand/series. I was just postulating that the number 17 seems to fit nicely into the Piedmont 150 and Sweet Cap 150 issues, along with those other issues that are multiples of 17.

Quote:
The 649 Ops do have 34 subjects, but one of them - Powers - is the only one that does not also come with a 350 back.
Again, he didn't make the cut, but the other 33 did. Not enough of a reason for me to think the cards per row was not 17 for SC150-649.

Quote:
Six superprints.
They made the cut every time! I presume that the sheet layouts were potentially different for each issue. I wouldn't think that simply because these six cards appear in all series that it absolutely indicates that they were on the same sheet in each issue.

Quote:
Making it more complicated, looking at the 150 only group graded populations that group breaks down into two fairly well defined subgroups of 6-7 cards. (Brown, Cubs. has about twice as many Graded, which I've found to be in line with the T206 population overall, Hofers and known difficult cards are roughly twice as likely to be graded. )
The number of cards printed would be more attributed to the number of sheets printed in each setup, than the setup of cards on each sheet. For example, it doesn't matter if there were 12 or 17 per row if I chose to print 500 sheets of setup "A" and 400 sheets of setup "B".

All this stuff REALLY interests me. We may never know... but I have fun hypothesizing and getting feedback. All discussion on this topic is good discussion to me!