View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 10:59 AM
John

Default Does anyone collect Unopened?

I've noticed this seems to be a really popular area of the hobby and also one I don't totally get. I think the main aspects are:

1) the fun of opening a pack and chance to "win the lottery" by pulling one of the more sought after cards in the set

2) investment: holding the item(s) according to the logic as more are opened over time, the supply of the unopened item(s) decreases and results in appreciation of the remaining unopened item(s)

3) just for the sake of collecting - certainly, in general at least, the further back in time (can you imagine unopened 35 Chicle?) the more rare an unopened item will be

Here is a link to 52 Bowman Large I just saw: http://www.legendaryauctions.com/195...LOT167886.aspx

Definitely surprised to see an unopened pack from this set (although I know nothing about this area of the hobby so maybe they aren't super rare?) and curious to see what it sells for as I can't even guess.

What I'm wondering is - does this interest people? Am I just pessimistic by nature to assume I'd wind up with off center commons with gum stains?