View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Chris

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
Is it coincidence that you got to #311 in your Mantle quest and figured you've gone enough?

I think it would be a great quest. Getting the Ryan cards are simple enough especially without high grade requirements. Having the 68 helps as well. Ryan has been such a great signer for so long I think it's tough enough to be a challenge but not so tough you might break the bank or get stuck.

If you come close and find a handful still needed he will sign TTM through his company. It takes a while to get back but the price isn't outrageous compared to others his caliber and some proceeds go to his charity. Sound like a win, win.

Best of luck and if you attempt you should keep a running post so we can all share in your excitement.

Drew

Ps. Sorry about the thumbs down on top of my post. I don't know how I put it there or how to take it off.
Thank you all. I've got a bid out on a very rare Mantle. If it don't end up winning it, I am starting the Ryan run. The fact he signs through his charity is awesome since you can fill any holes in the collection for a $35 signing fee.

And, I wish I had stopped with the 52 Topps, but for some reason I needed both variations, and then anything else I could find. I think I am just over 320 unique cards with roughly 40+ duplicates. I am pretty sure it is an illness.