Thread: August Pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 12:20 PM

Howdy Larry,

Thanks for your kind response, and methinks you are many yards taller than I in knowledge of the nuances and kazillion intricacies of those amazing Post Cereal cards. Please forgive me where I might have insulted your intelligence. Honestly, I just love it that some other collectors are talking about these swell cards, and collecting 'em too.

At the risk of expressing common knowledge to you again, have you happened upon any of the original spot black 'n white TV commercials that General Foods ran about their Post Cereal baseball and football card promotions, as shown on YOUTUBE? A nostalgia buff / dealer uploaded some of them a few years ago and every once in a while I mozy over there and watch a few. If you are well familiar with these, you know what they mean to a devoted collector/enthusiast of Post.

Well, gotta eat and head off to work. I usually have a bowl of breakfast cereal, etc. Just wish.... Let's just say those cereal cards bring back a lot of fond childhood memories. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 08-20-2014 at 12:21 PM.