Thread: August Pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb67 View Post
Bill that is a very nice PSA 8 Bench. How far along are you with the 75 set? I am considering doing the Reds team graded and the rest of the set raw.
Thank you. I'm really in the early stages. So far, I just have the ones I've shown in this pickup thread-Yount, Bench, Dave Winfield, Tony Olivia, George Scott, Carl Yastrzemski, Don Sutton, and whatever I end up ordering today. I'm looking for some ungraded cards ones right now.

There are certain cards from this set that I'll be trying to get in high PSA grades. The Yount and Brett, of course. Rice, Carter, Hernandez, Ryan, Munson, Rose and Hank Aaron. Then I'll be buying them again in EXMT+ just to put in with the set to complete it.

I'm looking for Steve Carlton, Lou Brock and some other stars from the set today. I'm in no rush to put the set together. I'll probably spend the next several months working on it. Besides the Bench, I bought a nice mid grade '56 Topps Minnie Minoso, as I'm going to start a new discussion focused on him and a few other players, and 8 T206 cards. They'll be here today or tomorrow, then I'll scan them, and add them to the August pickup thread on the pre-war side.

I'm going to be pretty particular with this '75 set. I'm all about visual appeal.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 08-21-2014 at 10:59 AM.