View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 11:00 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Out of the blue I contacted the seller yesterday to see if the item was still available because the whole lot intrigued me. He told me that it was and that 2 others were interested in it ahead of me and he was undecided what he would do at this time. He said he pulled the item because he was not happy with how the bidding was progressing. Made me wonder how many people had questions about the McGinnity letter's authenticity. It definitely looks different than the exemplars I have seen. My hope is that some TPA will not approve the letter out of greed or just plain ignorant laziness if it is submitted. Should it be submitted and it gets approved as authentic the TPA should be ready to defend its due diligence for its decision.
But one question arises: why would you dictate a letter and have someone transcribe it and write it in hand written fashion or authorize a letter to be written by someone else in hand-written fashion and have them sign your name to it? Why not type it? After all this was a business letter , not a truly personal letter.
Could this be a case similar to the infamous Delahanty letter, except that McGinnity's last name is spelled correctly?