View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
Ok so I'm bidding on a card and right before the end the power goes out in the town of the guy I'm bidding against... Cancel the auction. Another bidder has an internet outage or lag ... Cancel the auction.... Another bidder has to change his newborn and misses a bid, cancel the auction... Look go ahead and cancel the bid if you want realist the card ( maybe with a reserve this time). Do whatever you need to, but I would really like ethics teachers opinion on this one.
I never said I wasn't shipping the card. I am. But if people aren't allowed to snipe because Ebay has blocked certain people from bidding on my items, then yes, I have a sour taste in my mouth! A very bad one! A $330 one! To the point that I don't ever want to do 99 cent auctions again.

You state you never want to bid on someone's items that won't honor "throttled" bids, "Pennies on the dollar" bids, or whatever you want to call them. I don't think you have to worry about that, because that seller will be gone anyway, because he doesn't want to sell his items for peanuts. He is moving on elsewhere. Thanks Ebay! (note the sarcasm here)