View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Fred

Here's the explanation for those that don't understand the Columbus Ohio colloquialism of "someone needs fired" -

In Ohio (I shit you not), the locals shorten terms that should include "to be". For example, the term "Someone needs fired" in Ohio means the same thing as "someone needs to be fired" in most other parts of the US.

Another example is if someone in Columbus Ohio says "the car needs fixed" then that would indicate "the car needs to be fixed". Seriously, this is the truth. I've only heard this colloquialism in Columbus Ohio. I visit that city frequenty and the people with whom I work really speak this way. I've come to understand and accept it.

Now, the weirdest thing that happened to me in a Columbus bar (this is before I started figuring out this colloquialism) was when a girl in a bar asked me "do you want laid". I'm serious... I didn't get it when she first said it... I must have had a stupid look on my face because she repeated it and then looked at me like I was nuts....