View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 02:58 PM

Default Grover Cleveland Alexander, Andy High and my Grandfather

Hello everyone on Net54. I have been a member here for 3 1/2 years now and I am just now chiming in for the first time. I have read so much here and have learned a lot from many knowledgeable members. I am a St. Louis Cardinal baseball fan and so was my grandfather who died in 1939 when my dad was 12 yrs. old. When my grandmother died in 1972, my dad had an auction company sell all her stuff. I was 15 yrs. old and was helping set up the auction when I found old world series ticket stubs, world series programs, a pennant, a baseball, newspaper clippings and other memorabilia. I asked my dad if I could have them and he said "sure". I am 58 yrs. old now and have taken good care of this stuff. I have a good idea now of the value of these ticket stubs and programs. What I don't know is the value of this game used Grover Cleveland Alexander baseball that was fouled off by Andy High and my grandfather caught in the stands at Sportsman Park in St. Louis on August 6, 1927. He documented the ball himself in ink. He wrote all in caps, PITCHED BY "OLD PETE ALEXANDER THE GREAT" SAT. AUG. 6 1927 - FOULED BY ANDY HIGH, BOSTON THIRD BASEMAN RIGHT IN TO YOUR DADDY'S HANDS, YOURS NOW BILLY. It has other writing on the ball that say's "CARDINAL WERE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS IN THE YEAR 1927. I know people are going to want to see pictures and I have some I just have to figure out how to send them here and I will. I have searched for 4 years and found nothing game used by "Old Pete". Does anyone have an idea on value? And by the way, thank you Leon for this forum. It is my favorite website. Brad

Last edited by brad15; 04-30-2023 at 06:21 PM. Reason: I figured out how to send a picture.