View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 05:49 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I'll add a recent ebay experience for some background. I saw a '62 green tint in super shape that I wanted to buy as an upgrade. However, the photo made the card look too thin, so I sent the seller a question asking him if the card had been trimmed, because it sure looked it. Not completely obvious, but enough to make you wonder.

His answer to me was, "No, it's not trimmed. This card measures out perfectly. I measured it myself. It's fine."

So I buy the card and the moment I take it out of the envelope and put it on top of another card, it's so frickin' obvious it's been trimmed. Not only trimmed side to side, but top to bottom as well. So I contact the seller again, this time all pissed as hell and tell him, "Why in hell did you tell me this card measures out perfectly when it is so obviously a trim job?????!!!!!!!" His reply? "It DOES measure correctly. You're just a scam artist trying to steal from me. If the card is trimmed, you did it, so you can rip me off!! I'm going to report you to ebay!!"

Fast forward to me filing a report with ebay. I simply scanned the card on top of a ruler, showing how it was practically 1/8" short. I put that image next to the image he used in the auction to prove to ebay that nothing changed on the card--it certainly wasn't trimmed by me--from when he had it until I received it. I also cut and pasted his replies to my questions, saying he himself measured the card out, etc. Ebay took like 4 minutes to decide in my favor.

When I mentioned slimeballs earlier in this thread, it's people like this do_chebag I was referring to. He makes a scumbag move by purposefully selling a trimmed card. When it's brought to his attention, he blatantly lies about it and threatens to report ME to ebay. Just an absolute f-cking scumbag.

Some of you claim you don't run into these types of sellers. That is truly awesome, but don't think for a second these f-cknuts aren't out there in full force, trying to rip you and me off.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 09-19-2014 at 05:51 AM.