View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
The flat-backed seats were continuous--the very long slats served as the backs of many adjacent seats. They were in the grandstand and reserved sections of the Stadium, and were installed in 1922, and, when the stands were expanded in 1928 and 1937. At that time, the box seats were actual chairs. The chairs were later replaced by the curved back seats--which were not connected.
Hi David,
Not sure Im reading you right but the curved back seats were most certainly connected together. My pair was connected together and I have seen 4 seat and 6 seat sets all connected. Here is my pair that I took pics of as they went thru restoration. Also here was a curved back seat connector note the 2 seat connectors in the frame. The center connectors also had 6 places to bolt the seat backs to and the ends only had 3. You can also see the Sea Foam green color that they looked like. I left as much of that as possible...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 04-20-2016 at 10:57 AM.