View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

[QUOTE=Exhibitman;1326434]Interesting perspectives.

When it comes to trimming photos, I figure it is a lot like a strip card. When I see a photo with original borders I would want it to stay that way

but when it has already been torn or damaged, I will consider getting rid of the damaged part because I don't particularly relish the look of a photo with this sort of damage:

Totally get it. There is a difference in cards and photos as it relates to "mint 9 nrmt 7" as David spoke about.
This is an interesting debate. Do we, the collectors, owe it to the hobby to keep the items intact? Is it reasonable to trim to make look "pretty"? I like to frame with plastic corner squares rather than under a matte. Therefore, it is frustrating when an image is not symmetrical. However, I have made teh decision not to trim my stuff. Would I be wrong?

This is an important debate as Scott is really passionate and convinced a large percentage of photos are trimmed to sell for larger amounts of money. No doubt this has happened but should a collector who does it for himself be ostracized?

As the photo market develops, this will be an interesting topic.

Personally, I can see both sides but chose to not trim mine. HOWEVER... I will clean up a photo and have(take off grease ect) because I want to see the original image.. The image is more important to me as art(original shot the photographer saw rather than how it was changed for publication). Others like the opposite. How can one or the other be wrong???

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection