View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default Giants pennant

The two dated Giants pennants (1958) were part of a larger warehouse find in the Los Angeles area. It comes from the same find of the Rose Bowl pennants that you see from the 50's and 60's that are seen in quantity. I had the fortune to be one of the first to speak with the "finder" and bought all that if could of the tougher / rarer items. Both versions were in this group and both dated 1958. I probably had at least 20 at one time. Kind of like the 1963 Dodgers / Yankees World Series that I remember picking some out of a group of about 100 or more.

I do not believe there were any of the dated Dodgers version in that find and the Dodgers have always been a much tougher to find pennant both with and without the color. I believe that colorful Dodgers pennant is from that late 50 to early 60's era like the Giants. It is a great pennant. By the end of the 60's they started using brighter colors.

I am pretty sure Mark and some others see most of the same stuff I see on eBay, it just depends on who's interested an that item. I do collect Yankees items, but it is tough to compete with the big spenders unless I REALLY want an item. Pennants have always been a passion for me and I think they are very under appreciated in most collections.